Labels

Sunday, June 9, 2019

May 16, 2016

This week was good, but a little harder than usual. On Tuesday we had a total of ZERO lessons. There are a few days that I do not see a point in working on the mission because no one is home, everyone is busy, has family over, and doesn't let us in. Those days (at least here in my mission) are Christmas, Easter, and Mother's Day. Haha. But despite that, we had a pretty good week. Working with members is cool and it is sometimes hard. We were going to have four investigators at church this week but two of them had a family member go to prison and Sundays are the only days they can visit the prison. And the two others we don't really know why they didn't go.

This is something that I have learned very intimately, how important it is to rely on the Lord and trust in Him and not my own understanding. I can't understand a lot of things, and sometimes I feel like I just can't do it anymore. But then I think of the Lord and how He has helped me so far in my mission. He knows exactly what I am capable of. I think that when we acknowledge the Lord, it is a way to use the enabling power of the Atonement. That is something else that I have learned. The Atonement is more that just the way that we have to be able to repent of our sins. It helps us to keep going, to find the strength when we have none, it helps us in EVERY ASPECT of our lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment