Labels

Sunday, September 13, 2015

September 2, 2015

This week was awesome and so uplifting. My companion is super awesome and really helps me to learn the language. We use flashcards and quiz each other all the time. The language is coming slowly but surely. I can have small conversations in Spanish which is a miracle considering I´ve only been speaking the language for two weeks!

This week for devotional, we got to listen to Elder Dallin H. Oaks  and his wife. It was broadcast from Provo. And that was awesome! Probably one of the best devotionals I´ve ever listened to/watched. It was all on how to be a better missionary and it was great. I sang in the choir before the devotional started and that was awesome. I missed singing on a stage haha. 

Something kind of funny. So, I live in a casa and have my own room (obviously with my companion) and my own bathroom. In the room, there are four beds and because it is only me and my companion, there are extra pillows. And also, my companion brought her own pillow. So I now use the extra pillows, my companion´s pillow, and my pillow, with a total of four pillows. Haha :) That´s something I wasn´t expecting to be able to do! 

This week I´ve been studying Mosiah and the beginning chapters of Alma and they are awesome. I´ve gotten so much out of them and it´s just amazing. The Book of Mormon really is another testament of Christ, and it is the word of God. 

Something else that is kind of funny! My companion and I were trying to plan  a lesson but we were just too unfocused so we decided to say a prayer. And if we pray aloud we usually pray in Spanish. And I was the one who was going to say the pray. And instead of saying Querido Padre Celestial, I said Querido Pedro Celestial. I didn´t even notice until the end and my companion told me that. So that was great haha. And it didn´t help our predicament of not being focused. So, even though there are some hard times, there are also some really great times. The spirit here is awesome.

Last night as we were saying district prayer on our knees, I was just really wanting to have a hug from one of my brothers, and immediately I felt arms wrap around me. Heavenly Father is SO aware of us and our needs and wants. I can´t wait to be out in the field teaching real investigators. (At the CCM, all the investigators are our teachers, haha)

I love you Mom! Hope all is well. Oh! Read Mosiah 28:7. When I read that I thought it would bring you some comfort. I´m doing a lot better this week. 
Love,
Hermana Blackham








No comments:

Post a Comment