Labels

Sunday, November 8, 2015

October 25, 2015

Hay muchos miembros en mi area. Yo estoy en un barrio. Aquí en Juárez, there are ward buildings and there is only one ward per building which is kind of weird. Haha. There is one family that we go to a lot because they are recent converts. It's a grandma and two of her grandkids. They have been super helpful, especially because the grandson can speak english! But they are awesome. All of the older people are concerned about my mosquito bites (I have like 50 of them). And they are pretty bad. But yeah. It's good. There are VERY few americans around. I've seen three. Haha.

Teresa was being taught before I arrived. She was walking with a menos activo when they met her. She is around 50 or 60 years old. 

I have a way to listen to music but my mission president doesn't want us to use USB's por la música. Entonces, si usted quiero enviar una CD con la música de navidad, you can do that. We have one CD that we listen to, so I would LOVE new CDs.

My companion was singing the other day the song Hi Ho Hi Ho from snow white. Only, when she was singing she sang it like "Hi Hope". haha. It's funny how the language differences manifest themselves. Also, inside out is intensa mente and I find that really funny. A lot of the fraccionamientos have gates and guards. and one of the guards looks like Strax from Dr. Who. And I love it. Haha. Also also, a lot of the people can't say Blackham and they ofter pronounce it like blanca. So I am Hermana Blanca (Hermana White). Haha. I love it.

This week I learned that as soon as you think you have something going good, the Lord will knock you back down and make sure you realize that you can't do anything without him. That is always a fun lesson to learn. Haha. Not really though. But it's good.

I love the Book of Mormon! I learned how aware of us God is. He is so aware that He will put things into play months beforehand to help us. At the beginning of my mission, I started reading the Book of Mormon starting from Words of Mormon. Don't ask me why because I don't know. Haha. But because I started there I have scriptures that I read that I need in the exact day that I need. And I wouldn't have them if I started reading at a different place. Or I wouldn't catch something new if I hadn't started where I did. I finished reading the whole Book of Mormon this week and have found new things in stories that I literally read a month ago, Revelation never ceases. 

I also learned that if you ask with sincerity, you receive. . My comp and I have been wanted hamburgers for like two weeks now. And we had hamburgers for four meals in a row with members. I am so sick of hamburgers now. Haha. 

I love you so much! And I really do feel your prayers. The mission is getting easier but at the same time, it is still hard. There are still times where I wonder what I am doing. And the prayers that I know are coming are always helpful. 

Hope everything is going well for everyone! I love you!

Hermana Blackham 

No comments:

Post a Comment