Labels

Sunday, June 9, 2019

April 25, 2016

We are still returning early every night and I think that we will be doing this for the rest of the time that I am here. The people have been saying that the last time something like this happened it lasted for about three years. But we shall see. I haven't felt in danger at all or scared or anything of the sort. 

This last week was good, but hard also. Almost all of our investigators are gone on vacation. One of them had to move houses and we don't know where they are right now. They said they would call us but I  am pretty sure we will be the ones calling them. Haha. 

This week I was reading in the book of Alma, when Ammon is serving King Lamoni and goes to rescue the flocks of the king. And there is a scripture of gold amid this story. He says ¨sed de buen ánimo, y vayamos a buscar los rebaños, y los recogeremos y los traeremos otra vez al abrevadero...¨  In English that is ¨...my brethren, be of good cheer and let us go in search of the flocks, and we will gather them together and bring them back unto the place of water...¨ As I was reading this I felt like this is the mission call. We have thieves and robbers in front of us, leading away the sheep of God unto destruction and death. We have the gospel and we have the ¨living water¨ of Jesus Christ. Our job is to go out and look for the sheep, the flocks of God, and bring them back to safety. 

This week I also learned that God is aware of us, and knows how to talk to us individually. I am honestly amazed at how well He knows us. I was feeling really down and really frustrated and feeling like a failure and it is hard to work with feelings like that. I was feeling like just giving up and going home. But then the song Bet on It from high school musical came into my head. And it was just what I needed to get back to work and stop worrying about myself. 

We did have the baptism this weekend and it was really cool to see a family be baptized and have the goal to make it to the temple to be sealed together forever. It is with the mom of the family that we are going to learn how to make chocoflan tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment