Labels

Sunday, June 9, 2019

October 17, 2016

The transfers went fine :) My new companion is great. Sister Martínez is from Veracruz. She is 24, and only has 5 months in the mission. Two new sisters went to my area in the Pueblo. I don't know how to explain to you Casas Grandes and Neuvo Casas Grandes. Casas Grandes IS the Pueblo. Nuevo Casas Grandes is where I am. When people originally started settling here, they settled in the Pueblo, because it is higher up and there are less problems when it rains. However, in Nuevo Casas Grandes was were the train station was. So people started settling closer to the train tracks. Everyone here just calls everything Casas Grandes because they don't know the history. Neuvo Casas Grandes is like a small city, more like a town. Chihuahua is the state.
Estación is the center of Neuvo Casas Grandes. It has all of the stores. The super stores, the clothing stores, the shoe stores, the bus station that takes us to Juarez, and everything. I felt like I was in a big city when I arrived, but I'm still just in a small town! Haha. I don't know what I am going to do when I come home because I am NOT used to seeing a bunch of people and cars and everything. 
t feels really weird being the oldest Hermana. I never thought I would reach this point. Haha. I am not in the same zone anymore. The zones are organized for stakes here, and I am in a new stake. El Pueblo is a small town. There is one gas station, one supermarket, and a bunch of catholic churches. Almost none of the streets have pavement. You can't imagine it if you don't see it. No one understands if they haven't been to the area. Estación is more like a city. I am in a ward. Everything here is like Mexico. Even in Juarez it was Mexico, not the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment