Labels

Sunday, June 9, 2019

November 7, 2016

I am realizing that I have almost no more time left on the mission. In two weeks, I start my last 12 weeks. That is insane. It is no time at all. And time is going to be going by faster and faster because there are only holidays left. Time always go by fast when there are activities.

My investigators that are going to baptise their nephew officially dropped us. Haha. They are going to go ahead with the baptism and don't want us to come by. We feel really sad and disappointed but that is okay. We have a few others that we are teaching. One of the investigators just won't accept a date! But I am learning that I need to be patient and wait for her to feel good with the date. I can't be the one who forces the baptism.
Last week we found a man named Adán. He is really cool. In January his house caught on fire and he did too! However, he has a lot of faith. He used to be an alcoholic and do drugs but changed his life and we can truly see that he has a lot of faith. We are working with him in going to church, because he hasn't gone yet! But we feel like he is going to really progress. Every time that we leave the appointments with him, we leave feeling happy and content and we can just feel like he his prepared. Hna. Martínez and I were actually talking about this after one of the lessons with him. That we feel the responsibility to be worthy and prepared to teach him. He is prepared, and it is us that need to work.
There is another jovencita that we are teaching. We think it is mostly because she wants to attend the academy, but she is also interested in the church. It is a strange mix of reasons that she is listening to us. 
This week I feel really greatful for Joseph Smith, and all the early church members, and everything that they did to be able to restore the Church. I found a book in the house called The Restored Church and that is a really interesting book. It talks about things that I never knew happened and it is truly amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment