Labels

Sunday, June 9, 2019

August 22, 2016

Just so you know, I totally had plans to have members email you, but then we didn't see any of the members this week! It was kind of really weird. Haha. This whole week was a little weird. I came back to my area on Tuesday, so I wasn't able to do any exchanges in Juarez. The doctor said that the pain is for all the walking that I do on the rocks. I put most of my weight on that part of my foot when I am walking and after six months of doing that, there is a little strain on my foot. We had shoe inserts made for my foot, and I am taking medication for the pain. But the funny thing is, the shoe inserts hurt me!!I just have to get used to them. And I might have to buy new shoes. But here is the thing. I can't activate my debit card because I can't call the number and there aren't any wellsfargo banks here. So, I am trying to think of some way to send you the number or something so that you can activate it because I also can't activate it online. You can only activate the credit card online. I do have the orthodics from the other shoes, but when I used them, my foot started to hurt a little more. But yes, I do have them and will try them out again now that my foot doesn't hurt so bad.
This week I learned a lot. On Friday, Elder Piper came and talked to us. He is in the Area Presidency, and is super cool. I didn't bring my notebook, so I don't have the notes that I took, but I will bring that next week and tell you more about that. 
As to fear, that is something that I have had to deal with here, too. There is a scripture that has helped me and I don't remember where it is. I think it is in Joshua. But he said that fear is not from God. And that is something that has helped me. In thinking about the future, about the present, about everything, sometimes I am full of fear. But actually, I was talking about this with Leah near the beginning of my mission and she said something that has stuck with me. She said, ¨God has taken care of you for this long, why do you think He is going to stop taking care of you when you get back from your mission?¨ And when she said that, it helped me put my thoughts in perspective. God has taken care of you your whole life, and what makes you think that He will stop taking care of you now? He won't ever stop taking care of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment