Labels

Sunday, June 9, 2019

October 24, 2016

My week has been really good. As a mission, we have the goal of having 22 lessons a week. This week we had 21, we have almost reached the goal!!! That makes me so happy! And we had four investigators that went to church! We have a good investigator pool here in Estacion. The first family that we have that is progressing the most is The Rodriguez family. It only consists of a mother (Paty) and her son (Leonardo). Paty is the girlfriend of a less active member who still believes everything, just doesn't go to church. I haven't met her novio but he is really supportive of her and everything, so that is cool. She has gone to church two times now, and is truly investigating the church with the intention to be baptized. We tried to put a baptismal date with her for the 19th of Nov. but she said that she hadn't felt 100% that it is true. But this is the cool thing. We had talked about fasting on Sunday, and she asked us if she needs to be a member to fast. We told her no, and then she said that she wanted to fast to have her answer. We fasted with her, and she said that she feels more and more sure as we keep visiting her.
Another family that we have are the mom (Lourdes) and her son (Ricardo). Ricardo reminds me of Logan a lot and it is really funny. But with them it is a little bit harder. They aren't as inclined to pray and read as Paty and Leonardo. However, I think that Lourdes is looking for the truth, she is just confused. She doesn't know what to believe because everything we teach is SO different than the Catholic religion. She doesn't want to pray, and is always super busy. But she came to church on Sunday, and that was a bit of a miracle. 
We are teaching a new family. They are not yet married, but we are working on that with them. They both want to get baptized, and they want to go to church, and we know that they are going to get baptized, we just don't know when. haha. Alonso works for a member, and he is always talking about his friend Bengy who explains things in a way that he understands a little more than when we explain things. Haha. But they are awesome. If you could pray for them that they can make it to church next Sunday, that would be the best! :)
I really like my new area. It is fun and interesting and they are a lot of people to teach. I live right across from the church, which is really awesome. I want to live across the street from a church back at home. Haha. I feel good about the work. My new ward is really good. It reminds me a bit of West Point. We have one member here that is a convert of 30 years. She works with us once a week, and she is awesome. Her daughter lives in Phoenix, and is going to Phoenix for Thanksgiving. So, if you want to send me something, she said that you can give it to her and she can give it to me when she gets back :) I also might be sending a package for you guys :)
I don't think I can explain my feelings about the Savior. He is everything. My comfort, my best friend, and literally everything. Everything that I have is thanks to Him. I know that He exists and that He knows our pains and heartaches. He understands us better than anyone. He knows what we need to truly progress and grow and learn. I don't know what I would do if I didn't believe in Him. This is actually something that I noticed this week. We have one investigator that spends most of her time in a wheelchair, but can walk around a bit. She has NO hope or faith and we always leave feeling a little depressed (we are probably going to drop her soon). The other is ALWAYS in a wheelchair, and can't walk. The difference is that She has faith and hope and when we left her house, we felt happy and encouraged. The Savior changes everything in a person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment