Labels

Sunday, June 9, 2019

April 11, 2016

It was good here in Casas Grandes. We have a family with a baptismal date for next Saturday and I am really excited for that! Also, I have found someone who is willing to teach me how to make flour tortillas by hand! So I will be making those for you when I get back! And I also learned how to make something called a gordita! And the mom of the family that is going to be baptized has offered to teach us how to make chocoflan. So I am excited for that, too. 

The dust might turn to mud. Probably will turn to mud. But I don`t think it is going to rain this week. Who knows, really. But it is going to start getting into the 80´s here. I am not looking forward to the heat. At all. That is one of the points that we are taught in the MTC, teach people, not lessons. It talks about teaching to the needs of the investigators so that they can understand. 

This week I learned that life is sometimes really stressful and not fun. But I also learned that through it all, the Lord is blessing us. That we can`t even see the support that we have from God. I learned that everything happens for a reason. That the Lord's timing is perfect, so perfect that we can't even begin to imagine it. God, our Heavenly Father, loves us. He loves us SO MUCH that when we feel even a glimpse of the love He has, it is overwhelming. 


Thank you for everything that you have done for me, mom. I love you and I miss you. But I am happy to be here. I don`t think I will ever get to the point that I don't miss home, that I don't want to be with you guys back in the US. But more so than that, I know that the Lord has called me to the work. And I am humbled to know that He trusts me with the salvation of His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment