Labels

Sunday, June 9, 2019

January 2, 2016

I truly hope we get a bishop soon, too. I also have been praying a lot for the guy we have been teaching. He hasn`t been opening the door for us, or telling us that he is really busy and doesn't have time. My heart is breaking for him, but I still have hope that it will all turn out okay. I really truly hope that it all works out. Because it would just break my heart completely if he decides that he can't or that he isn't strong enough to repent. 
I have seen the Lord in the work in many ways. I think that the way most interesting and evident is that we were actually able to have lessons new years eve and new years day. We didn't have any these days last year. Also, I had a really interesting experience yesterday at church. We brought a less active family to church with us. It was only the mom and her two daughters, with the ages of 8 and 3. She doesn't have the best home life. She is separated from her husband and living with her mom. She works a lot and so she isn't home to discipline her kids, and one of her sons has gone wayward and is always out doing who knows what. She hasn't gone to church for a LONG time. But yesterday, my comp and I were sitting behind her, and I saw her potential as a mom and as a daughter of God. She has a long way to go, but I could see her as a faithful member of the church. I don't know if she will want to be a faithful member and make the changes necessary in her life, but I could see her as Christ sees us. Imperfect with a perfect potential. And I think that is one of the most important things that we can understand. That we, too, are imperfect. But we have perfect potential. It doesn't matter the mistakes we have made in the past. It doesn't matter who we are right now. If we trust in the Lord, and do what we need to do, we will progress into the eternities.

This week there was a lot of walking around and knocking on doors. But it was a good week. I am starting to feel the end of my mission and I spend a lot of time reflecting on what I have learned and what I have to learn still. My progress, and how I still have more progress. And I don't know. I'm excited for these last six weeks.

Speaking of, we have transfers!!! My companion is going to Juarez, and I am going to train!!!!! Crazy right?! Usually trainers are called to train for two transfers, but I will only be training for one. I'm excited for this adventure that I am going to have. 
Sisters at Zone Conference

Zones Colonia Juarez and Coloniz Dublin

No comments:

Post a Comment